Sunday, March 6, 2011

Suprisinglykindoflovelyboken

I went to Hoboken after school on Friday with my two bitches(pictured below).



I have a lot of anxiety about public transportation. Mostly because I have zero sense of direction and have on more than one occasion found myself on the wrong subway/bus, or on the right one, but in the wrong direction. Also New York City public transit is volitile. There are always signs in the subways like, "The G train will only be running for two hours on the 3rd and a half Monday of every other week." In the back of my head I am always wondering if I will get home on any given day. Needless to say, all day Friday I pictured myself sitting in a ditch in New Jersey wondering how I was going to keep warm for the night. Luckily I made it, but, there was a slight hitch. Upon entering the Path train, I could not get my metro card to work. Sara and Michele were already upstairs cause the train had just come and they're yelling down, "Alli, where are you, hurry up, the train is here...etc."  while I'm trying to get the stupid turntable to let me through. It was upsetting to say the least. 

Anyway, when we got to the Jerz, we got manicures, which is highly illegal in culinary school due to the health code violation of working with food while wearing polish. I will remove the illicit red gloriousness by school on Monday.  
We also ate DELICIOUS Indian food. I actually believe myself to be in a legitimate relationship with Indian food. And like...a good one.

We drove the waiter crazy. I'm a vegan, Michele is a vegetarian, and Sar is allergic to wheat, so can't have gluten. We had a lot of questions. I also spilled my drink, which I never do. (Except for every time I am anywhere ever.)


 These were yummy crackers made from chickpea flour. 
Gluten Free! Sara was pleased.

 Dipping Sauces.
Tamarind, Cilantro, Mango Chutney

 Tomato Soup. 
Deliciously tangy, but a little too sweet.


Michele and I shared two things:
Mixed vegetables in a coconut milk sauce


 and
Baby eggplant 

Everything was very good. AND we got coupons for free appetizers next time we go. But first I'll have to work up the courage to go back to Jersey after my traumatic Path experience. 


 
Not one of us looks good in this picture (I look particularly appealing. Especially if you're into girls who can't open their eyes completely.), but it's the only one of the three of us together that I got, so it's going up. 








2 comments:

  1. OMG Allison- I loved meeting you today and I love your blog! I added you to my blog roll already (including a link on my BC page under the "vegan blogs" heading). You are so funny! I laughed out loud at "I also spilled my drink, which I never do. (Except for every time I am anywhere ever.)" and the food looks a-ma-zing! I'm also a huge fan of Indian food. I also love the top photo with the tongue sticking out. And for the record, you with your eyes half closed = super sexy. Your face is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog thanks to Bitch Cakes' tweet - thanks for the tip! :) Looks great, love finding new vegan blogs!

    ReplyDelete